Are you experiencing irritability, fatigue, weight gain, or a lack of sleep? These are some of the symptoms related to hormone imbalance. The most known hormone in men is testosterone, and in women is estrogen. The preference is to reach a balance between all the hormones in your body for the best health conditions.
You can find your current hormone balance with the help of your doctor and a comprehensive hormone panel test. The test results will show your body’s hormone deficiency. The panel test should include the following hormones:
- Thyroid (TSH, FreeT3 and T4)
- Sex Hormone Binding Globulin (SHBG)
- DHEA, Pregnenolone
- Total and Free Testosterone
- Estradiol/Total Estrogen/Progesterone (Female Only)
- DHT/PSA (Male Only)
The analysis of the test results are according to your current age and gender:
- 13-19 years old: hormones appear and mature, and it is the start of physical body changes.
- 25-35 years old: This is the prime hormonal years. Your body can take lots of stress and adapt to changes. You can work all day, party at night, sleep a few hours and go to work again. Your body will adapt and continue to work like any other day.
- 45-55 years of age: This is the last major hormonal change in our bodies. You will experience irritability, fatigue, weight gain, or a lack of sleep. This is andropause for men and menopause for women.
Once your doctor and you decide that your hormones are out of balance, it is an opportunity to discuss incorporating bio-identical hormone replacement therapy. These are hormones identical to the hormones naturally found in your body. This therapy option is available with the help of your doctor and experienced pharmacist consultants at SAF-T Drugs. Our pharmacists can help you redefine your aging process, so you can continue to be fit for life.